meaning of dreams dead end relationship

for the past few months I have been feeling at a dead end with my boyfriend. My conclusion to this was that it wasn't going to get any better since I've met so many guys in between and not one made me question my relationship. Until recently I met this guy, he's 21, I'm 18, and just spending a couple of hours with him i've felt things I only felt with my boyfriend when we first started going out over 2 years ago. This is my dream.
I was on another shift with him, and he asks me what's wrong. I tell him that me and my boyfriend have been at a dead end for some months now and until recently that I met someone (he doesn't know I'm talking about him) I never felt how I'm feeling now. I also explain to him that I realize I have set myself up to fall since I'm not sure this guy has any type of attraction towards me but that my point is that I'm still young stuck in a dead end relationship that now I'm thinking twice about. My boyfriend is someone who tooo laid back for my taste. I don't see him having any goals don't see him trying to pursue anything in life while I'm someone with goals, wants to get somewhere in life when I'm happy which is how this guy I met is. Again I understand there may be nothing between us but it still makes me wonder on how many other guys am I going to let pass by while I stay stuck in a relationship that I'm having doubts about?......I don't remember what he said back but next think I know we're about to kiss and then I wake up.
I want your honest opinion on what you may think this means and on what you think I should do.