horrible ex-boyfriend dreams

My dream involves my horrible ex-boyfriend. He was a hger part of my past and who I use to be. I have completely moved on from him and that life and want nothing to do with any of it! I am currently very very happy and in love with a wonderful man that I plan to marry, so dreaming about such a horrible ex confuses me. In the dream we are right back to how we were when we weren't together. He'd always try to win me over I'd go along with it but still be aware of what he would do if I fell back into his trap, but would always still have an electric attraction/chemistry pull to him. In my dream we are going through the same routine. We are at school (Which we never went to the same school and have both been out for 10 years) he shows up to impress me that he's changed and wants to better himself for me. I talk to him and flirt a little but still stay on gaurd and resist him. I find a not from another girl to him talking about how she can't wait for their little weekend get away together, then confront him we get in our usual fight, him calling my crazy paranoid and me calling him a liar and looser. More happens but I can't really remember it then I wake up and all I can think about is him. I've had this same or at least simular dream twice now in one week. It always takes place in a school and the same basic plot takes place. I haven't thought or dreamed about this man in almost three years and the last dreams I did have of him were filled with fear of him finding me and hurting me, so why now when I'm the happiest I've ever been and with a man that I trust more then I ever have?
Thank you for you time and I hope I get this dream interpreted, so that I get some peace of mind as to what it means!