lucid dreams

I would just like to thank you for your instructions on how to have lucid dreams. I have had them before, but did not know that I could purposely have them.
After following your steps, of thinking backwards from all the activities I had done through out the day before falling asleep, I began to doze off and fall into dreamland.
My dream started out as me flying and looking for my ex-girlfriend (who I still want to be with). While flying I was totally aware that I was dreaming and was in full control of my actions. Once I found my ex, I landed and tried to convince her that she could fly to. She did not believe me so I tried to pick her up so she could fly with me. It was difficult at first, but then I was finally able to fly while holding her in my arms. As we were flying I told her what to do to fly so I let go and she followed my instructions and both of us were flying, but then she became scared and I had to grab her again.
Later in the dream we began being attacked and she somehow became into the danger zone, I told her to fly out, but again, she was afraid to fly.
I was happy with the fact that I was able to have a lucid dream, and control all of my actions without being fearful, but I did not like the fact that I could not control the actions of others, or the scenery or characters in my dream.