meaning of dreams cant sleep at night snake

It all started a few months ago. When im about to fall asleep or im just waking up out of asleep and trying to go back to sleep, I go into a trance in between my dreams and reality. I know im dreaming, but im completely awake, completely conscious of what my roomate is doing in the background, i hear all the cars and everything outside my window, only i cant move at all, im silenced and i can only watch. It started as just a soft whisper in my ear, and a cold breeze that chills my ears. I cant understand anything it says, nor does it have a specific language. Accompanied by that voice and breeze is a dark silhouette that moves across my room, towards me. As it moves towards me, i try screaming as loud as i can to get out of this trance, but i cant move, and the sound barely comes out. And usually right before it gets to me i manage to shake my head to break the trance and it just vanishes. Then i slip back into that state again trying to go back to sleep, and it comes again a few more times, like its trying to attack me in my sleep. That was when it started. Now it has progressed to something worse. Now its a figure of a man Standing at the foot of my bed, in a pitch black cloak with a hood on, and its face is blacked out. It still whispers in my ear, only a little more agressively. No Matter how loud i screem to try and snap out of this half sleep state, i cant shake it. Then it starts to look like its getting aggressive, and i finally snap out of it and its gone again. But when i am about to fall asleep, it comes back. It haunts me until i fall asleep. then, i dont want to even begin to explain what goes on in my dreams.... I dont think you'd be able to comprehend what id tell you.