meaning of family dreams

A few nights ago I had a dream where I was with my family (husband, step-son, parents, etc.) I was trying to walk through some water with them to the other side of the shore and it was very difficult because waves kept hitting me/us and they continued to get bigger, towering overtop my head.
Last night I had another dream that first had me walking along a road next to the shore(it was not very warm out and kind of grey) and was watching waves roll in as I was walking. Then my dream jumpted to where I was at our work christmas party but instead of a floor it was dark water. I was with my husband and I specifically remember talking to my administrator(whom I really like as a boss if that helps) and several other co-workers, but not ones that I am friends with. After a while I remember looking down into the water and seeing something swimming in the darkness, I couldn't make it out but it was very light, maybe white in color. Next my dream jumped to a couple (male and female) I am not sure who. I was in the ballroom where the work party was at, but by myself. The couple came walking in the center door towards the pedastal(it was almost like an alter with candles and flowers). I then was seeing the room through the man's eyes, but the dream did not show me the room, it only made me feel fear and that me and the woman had to flee the room.

Other info: I am taking a medication that is said to cause vivid dreams, could this affect the meaning of my dreams?