ground shaking dreams

Okay, this is a pretty long one.
So I was at home, and all of a sudden the ground started shaking. I turn on my tv, and there's an alert, saying that everyone in the state of Pennsylvania (that's where I live) should evacuate immediately. My mom was home, so I go and tell her. We go and try to find my father and three brothers, but we can't, so we just leave. We move to somewhere in the south, because we're not allowed to go back to Pennsylvania; its unsafe. We live there for about five years. I go to a boarding school and she works at a department store. No one likes me at the boarding school and I get beat up badly. Eventually I end up getting a few broken ribs, but for some reason I don't want my mother to know, so I go to the hospital and get them fixed myself. I'm watching tv while I'm there, and the news says that they're letting people back into Pennsylvania, but the people that were stuck there can't leave. (this makes me think that the disaster was some sort of disease, not an earthquake like I originally thought.) without informing my mother, I ride a bus to the town where I used to live and somehow end up at my old elementary school. I see my old first grade teacher, and I ask her what happened to my dad and three younger brothers. She says that they joined a program to try to make sure that whatever happened doesn't happen again, but the program is in space and they are traveling many light years away, so I'll never see them again. I then leave the elementary school and start walking through the streets of my town (its very small). While walking, I come across a girl named Bailey that I know from school but hardly ever talk to. I ask her what happened to my friends, and she says that they all died in the unknown disaster. I ask what happened to my best friend, and she doesnt answer, she just smiles in a slightly scary way and then leaves. I run to my friend's house, and find her sitting there, but she won't respond to me. She seems to be in some kind of trance. I try to ask her what happened to my boyfriend, but she won't answer me, so I leave. I start walking again and find myself at the cemetary in my town. I start scanning the grave stones and immediately see my boyfriends name. I keep looking and notice basically all the people I know. ---This was about the time i woke up. this is a very traumatic dream, and i would like to know what it was about. thanks.