worries in a dream

i was absentmindedly walking around in a city near my home, kind of on the outskirts of town. all of the buildings close to me were fairly realistic looking, but the ones in the distance had a "bob the builder" style to them. as i walked, the buildings closer to me got more and more realistic, while the ones behind me faded into cartoons. i walked past a post office and stopped. i felt something coming up my throat. it started at the base of my neck and slowly creeped upward. i thought i was going to vomit. when it finally reached the back of my mouth, it ceased movement. i could taste blood in my mouth and felt my airways become blocked. i reached my hand into my mouth, desperate for air and a way to remove the blockage, and felt a hard, yet slimy flap in the back of my throat. it felt very similar to liver. i grabbed onto the flap and pulled, hoping my fingers would not lose grip due to the lack of friction on the object. luckily, i was able to pull the blockage out and breath again, but not without another gush of blood filling my mouth. when i finally looked down to see what caused such an obtrusion, i saw my heart beating in my hands. an overwhelming sense of fear enveloped me. i had to get my heart back where it belonged, but how? i ran around the partially cartoon city, panicking, searching for someone who could help me. i did not loosen my grip on my pounding heart at all for fear of losing something so precious. time was running out for my heart. i could feel the beating become fainter. it was losing its strength. i felt it becoming colder, but the city was deserted. no one could help me. could i help myself? i tried shoving it back in the way it came out, but to no avail. it became weaker and weaker. i was losing my heart, and all i could do was stand there. (then i woke up, disgusted, worried, and afraid.)