9/11 dream

I had a dream six years ago that I will never forget. I dreamt of a good friend that I hadn't seen in probably two years due to the military. I dreamt that he come home and we went to the river and went floating. Actually, it was a pretty pleasant dream. I woke up the next morning and just feeling overwhelmed. To the point that I even explained the dream to my friend. She goes on to explain that it's probably because I haven't seen him in a long time. All day long I was consumed with this dream and couldnt shake it like something was wrong. About 5 in the afternoon, my mom called and told me that my real father had died IN MY FRIEND'S HOUSE!


I had a dream about three months later, the night of 9/11. My boyfriend was in the military at the time and would come and visit me on the weekend. Anyway, I dreamt that we were going to war. Didn't know with who, but remember all the helicopters flying over to go to wherever, and the sounds of guns and that my boyfriend was getting sent away to go fight. I had stayed with a friend that night, so I woke up and explained that dream to her. Told her we were going to war and that I dreamt that my boyfriend was going to be getting sent away. We got up, and her mom is at the kitchen table and said did you hear what happened. Of course, we were like no, she proceeded to tell us that we were under attack, it was 9/11. Sure enough, my boyfriend got sent over to afghanistan.


I never really discuss my dreams. Although these two dreams have really kinda creeped me out. I'm not claiming to be any psychic or anything, but is this a normal thing or just kind of a coincidence. It only happened those two times and within a few month period. I have always remembered this and just want someone to explain this to me.