dream analysis

In the beginning of the year, I had a dream not unlike a few I've had before. I was being chased, and I could not get away fast enough, for all was in slow motion. This one in particular was notably different. I was in the Vatican. I was stealing ancient relics, after having left the tour with my gay friend from high school, Angel. When we eventually got caught, Angel created a diversion so that I could get a head start, holding my bag of religious loot. I started down a marble hall towards a grand, back staircase, illuminated by a large skylight. A priest spots me from down the hall and proceeds to chase me down the stars, slow motion. By the foot of the second flight, I lose my footing and fall to the landing. I stare up at the skylight from the floor, waiting for the priest to catch up and collect me. Looking at the sky in that moment, I begin to fear Heaven can see me and will enact a punishment. The sky immediately changes in mood, and a male angel appears above the glass. I pause in anticipation, knowing what the angel has come for. The glass gives way and the angel descends in a flash with grace, somehow -- he drops like a belly-flop, in perfect alignment to my position, flat on my back. He does not drop speed as he nears. He sears right through me. At that precise moment, in a flash of brightness that came with the merging of the angel's body and my own, I woke in a terror.
I do not belong to any religion. I'm female, 21, a failing college student and dedicated psychonaut. When I had this dream, I was in a depression. One year later, I have gone through several transformations -- ultimately to realize my potential for prophetic abilities and soothsaying. If this is related to the dream, I don't know. I don't think my relationship to my high school friend is altogether important to the dream either, but I could be wrong. All I know is, it's the dream I remember most vividly these days. It terrified me to the bone, the sensation of merging with the angel and waking up in a sweat.