meaning of mystic dream

My ex-friend shows in a building where I am. It was some sort of show of mysticism. Very strange. He is alone. He is sitting near me, on the same row, but there is one person (maybe two) between us. He catches my eye and there is kindness � a smile in his eye (I only see one eye because the head of the person between us partially covers his face). He never speaks to me, although he owes me an explanation. He then gets up and leaves (alone). I didn�t notice that he left. After learning that he left, it was relayed to me that there was a struggle at the door. Somebody was insisting he stay. Struggling with God? He wins the struggle and leaves the building. After I discover he has left, I also leave the building to search for him, but he is nowhere to be found. I feel surprised that he left without speaking with me. He was so close but he never spoke to me.
Other info: In real life relationship ended but I discovered he has been involved in a relationship