meaning of dreams blood

hi
Only about three nights ago, I had a fairly disturbing dream that heavily featured blood and I 'm really intrigued to know what meaning it has.
I was standing in what seemed like a school corridor (odd because I haven't been in school for four years!) with a group of people I didn't know. The lights were out, but one of them was flickering, and as we looked down this corridor, it flickered to illuminate a man standing there, drenched head to toe in blood. The light continues to flicker, and the man tells us to look up.
I look up to see the ceiling dripping blood in huge puddles, as though the room above is flooded with it and it's leaking.
The man is speaking to me, but I can't remember what he said, and as he speaks, he seems to be fighting back tears.
He then falls to his knees, crying, still drenched in blood.
I tell the group of people to leave without me, to get out of there. I then go to the man.
The last thing I remember of it, I was on my knees beside him, cradling his head as he continued to cry heavily into me.
I really want to get an idea of what this dream could be a reflection of.
Thank you