meaning of dream grandfather

My grand-father, just recently, passed away,March 7th, 2010, which was very devastating, for me, because, we were very close. He was more like my father. He was always there, when I needed him, and he was also very close, with my children. A very loving grandfather. But, for the last 2 weeks, I've been having these terrible dreams, that he is hurting my children, and when I try to stop him, he shoots me, with a shotgun?!! I wake up, crying or screaming!! It's so bad, I have a hard time, breathing!! It's getting so bad, that I don't want to go to sleep!! My grandfather has never hurt me or my kids, EVER!!! Why am I having these horrible dreams!!! My name is Amanda Nally, I'm 26 years old, I go to school, full-time, to be a nurse, married. That's about it. There is one thing, I regret not getting my nurses degree, sooner, because I wanted my grandfather, to be proud of me, and see me graduate from college. Your help, will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.