meaning of dreams stairwell to a basement

In one dream, I was in a stairwell to a basement, the kind that are outside leading in, about 8 to ten steps that led to a door. The steps were stone or something old. I was with a young man, with long blond hair, dressed like royalty, in Renaissance style clothing. He held me, as if keeping me safe from something, and we were sitting crouched in the doorway together. I have read a few books and found the symbolism related to these things, but here is where it gets a bit weird...
...I had this dream as a child, when I was very young. I only dream very seldom, and even more rarely do I remember them. I remember exactly what he looked like, and now, at age 42, this same man, or one who coincidentally looks exactly the same as him, is my fiancee'. We have been together for nearly two years. Was I dreaming a future? Is this totally a coincidence?
I dreamed also in a past relationship almost the exact situation that happened when I and this particular ex eventually broke up, which were odd circumstances.
That was number 2 of three dreams in my life that I remember.
The third, a complete, and original, comedy-style zombie film, from beginning to end, no joke.
I woke up and immediately wrote it all down, every detail, and plan someday to actually put it to film. I don't expect a total interpretation, but I would be interested in knowing what you think about them.