meaning of bizarre dreams

Well this dream is actually my boyfriend's dream, and I decided to take it upon myself to figure out what the heck it means. So sorry if there is some lack of information that you need, but I will do my best. My boyfriend is a 19 year old caucasian, and had to return home early from an LDS Mission. Ever since he has returned home he has had this horrid dreams that are very, very repetitive. He has them every night for up to weeks on end. The dreams always seem to involve me. He hasn't given me much detail on them, but here is what I do know about them. In the first reoccurring dream I would be kidnapped by someone, and they would start to torture me to death. He wouldn't say what torture methods they would use. But simply say that he would be standing there watching, unable to do anything to make them stop. Every night he would wake up at the same point in the dream, right before I actually died. He would then be unable to fall back to sleep. Lately, however, he has had this new dream. In this dream one of us breaks up with the other. After the break up, he is able to sleep flawlessly through the night. He won't wake up or anything, just simply sleep the night away. Also after the break up it shows me being the happiest I have ever been. Ironically enough, he has been praying to see if I am in fact the "one" for him. He has been praying for this for about two weeks, and he's been having this dream for about two weeks now. I know that he does fear losing me, even what I tell him that I'm not going anywhere. His days pretty much consist of the same thing. He wakes up anywhere between seven and eight in the morning to get ready for work. He gets off work between 4:30 and 5:00. After work he goes to night school. The only classes he is taking right now is a math class and and art class (air brushing). He has indoor soccer games on Thursday nights. And whenever we find the time, we'll get together to watch a movie or go out to do something together. Uhm... Not including breaks, we have been together for almost two years. We started dating the end of my sophomore year and the end of his senior year. And we basically clicked instantly. We've never had any problems, like at all. Until he started having the bizarre dreams....