meaning of dreams - basketball

I had a dream about my ex-lover playing basketball. The basketball game took place inside a gym, it seemed to be a school gym. I don't know if he was attending this school, but he was wearing black basketball shorts and a black tank with black and white shoes. I was sitting in the pull out bleachers, not too high up, definitely lower than basketball rim height. There were people around, but the gym was not full and there was a lot of bustling everywhere so it was pretty noisy. This game took place during the day because I remember seeing light shining through the doors which was quite a ways across the court. He went in for a lay up and I remember smiling really hard. It was almost overwhelming. The funny thing is that I've never seen my ex play basketball in my life and this is not even one of his sports of interest. We've been broken up for 5 years now and we occasionally talk/text each other from time to time.