wood dream

I had this dream almost a year ago now and I was wondering if I could have some light shed on it in hopes of a better understanding.I was eighteen, my brother four. I don't remember why, but we were running away from something or someone and the only thing I could think of was that I had to protect him, like a matriarchal instinct. We live in the country so there's a lot of woods and fields around the house, and we were running through them, towards the east, southeast, away from the house. At first I thought it was my dad that we were running away from (it's just my dad, brother and me), but I realised a second later that it wasn't, but I couldn't remember, in the dream, who it was. After a while, it starts to be about mid-day, early afternoon, and we come to this house out in the middle of the woods, a little way from this dirt road. The next thing I know, my brother wasn't with me, as if he wasn't there in the first place, but I still felt the need to protect him. Every house in the country runs on a well, and there was one at the side/backyard of the house. It's wierd but I still remember exactly what the house looked like: grey siding on the sides and back, grey brick on the front, white door, white shutters, a big evergreen tree in the front yard on the left side of the house, and a big wood rap-around deck. So I went to the well and opened the top and there was this terrible smell coming from the bottom. There was a ladder leading down so I decided to climb down it and see what it was. I slipped on the last rung and fell into what I thought was water. I was wrong. It was a pool of blood up to my knees and floating in it were body parts. Horrified I climbed back up and ran into the house (for whatever reason) and inside it was much of the same thing; almost like one of those Saw movies or something. Blood everywhere and bodies left, right and centre. I was crying so hard by that time I couldn't think straight, and I heard foootsteps coming down the stairs. It was my brothers grandfather, and at that moment I knew it was him all along. He had my brother by the throat and killed him right infront of me, and that's when I woke up.Now the wierd thing is about a week later my mother picked my up to go to her house and took a different way then usual. I had never in my life been that way before (with my father moving there only a few years previous) and I thought it looked familiar and got a weird feeling that I just couldn't shake. It got worse and worse as we drove down the road until the point where I made my Mom pull over it was so bad. I just knew we shouldn't go any further. I got out of the car to get some air and I was standing at the end of the drive-way of the house from my dream. Like I said, I had never gone down that road before and I haven't since.I have never had an experience like that nor have I had a dream so vivid and colourful. It was like I was really there. I could smell everything, touch, feel, I felt pain, anything that you would every day of your life.I hope this is enough information for someone to try and give feedback on. Like I previously stated, I just want to be able to understand, no matter how vague that understanding may be.