meaning of dreams: died

I am a 28 year old female. My Uncle of 55 years died in July, of bowel cancer. He had it for four years. He was in a hospice. He was a big, burly man who looked very stern, but he was a big softy. Our family say that he had the heart of a lion and the strength of a bear.
Around 3 weeks ago now, I was away on holiday. I had a dream that I was in the back of my house when the doorbell rang. I looked out my window, and there on the drive between the two cars was my Uncle, thin, smiling and happy. Next to him was a small black dog running around his heels and barking happily. I ran down the stairs and opened the door; I don't remember seeing his face, I just remember him saying 'alright girl?' (he always used to say this to me), and I jumped into his arms to give him a hug. I remember the feeling of hugging him so tightly.... and then I woke up. I was confused becuase I had never known my uncle to be thin (and with a full head of hair), and he has never ever had a dog.
When he died, I had conversations with him in my head, and felt him next to me, then one day I just felt him leave my side and I knew I had to let him go. A priest friend of mine said he dreamt of my uncle on the night he died; he dreamt that he came to him and said 'Where is Kathy and Makayla?' (his wife and daughter, and he said he didn't know. It turned out that they had spent the night away from the house, and we think his spirit went back to look for them. My mothers side of the family (her mother specifically) were told that they had these abilities and to never ignore messages. So I'm desperate to know what is the meaning of dreams