meaning of dreams: stairs

My dream was that i am walking down a flight of stairs with my best friend stephanie and my boyfriend cody. I am wearing red high heels. As we are walking down the stairs i am holding my boyfriends hand and each time i turn my head to say something to stephanie and as i do i trip and fall on my butt. I try taking the high heels off after i fall but i cannot get them off. after that the dream starts over and is the same.

20 years old, female, just started dating someone who is in the military, i have had a couple family members pass away this year and one in the year before. My best friend and i are planning on moving to kansas from oregon because she is engaged to her boyfriend who is in the army. I work at a bank 5 days a week. I want to be with another guy who i am scared to date because i dont want to lose the friendship we have but i do like cody my boyfriend a lot.