meaning of dreams marriage

I dont remember the beginning of it but the end was so vivid and so real dream I woke up in tears. It seemed to be read to me out of a book but at times it was like I could read the words on the page myself and see the dream in the background. It took place in a different era, looked like the time period that the Scarlet Letter took place in. It started with a young girl who looked about 18 years old. She was in love with the school teacher who seemed to be much older... maybe in his late 30s but very handsome. Everyone looked down on them as a couple, whenever they passed them in the streets they would quickly pass on the other side without even making eye contact. She was very beautiful and another man was in love with her as well. He was a very selfish man and had the mindset of... "if I cant have her no one can" He planned on killing her by poison because he was very upset that she denied him. Her love, the school teacher who was much older than her, found out about his plot and offered to drink the poison in her place. The man accepted at once because he was very very jealous of the school teacher. He figured that he was the reason that she denied him and if he was out of the picture then she might take him up on his offer. So the school teacher drank the poison with out even confronting her about it. She soon found out because it was a very quick working poison. His face grew very pale, after 15 minutes had passed he looked as if he had aged 20 years. He grew very weak and lay down but they soon realized that the poison spread even quicker while he was laying down. All the men and women were on their way home to prepare for the ball that was taking place that night. The couple were supposed to attend together but it looked as if their plans were completely ruined since he couldn't even stand. She called to some of the men and they picked up the dieing school teacher and tied him to a tree to keep him in an upright position so he could live longer. As they were doing this she ran home. She returned in a large cloak as the men were leaving. After they passed she removed the cloak and underneath was her ball gown. She walked up to him grabbing his hands into hers. Some people began passing already dressed for the ball. When they normally would have scorned and looked the other way disgustedly they walked slowly by and made eye contact as if to say "I'm sorry". Then passed by to forget the horrid sight they had just seen by the 1st song and dance the night away. Music began playing in the hall and could be faintly hear outside. The young girl took his hand and put it around her waist and held the other one tight to her chest and kissed it. She began to slowly sway to the music and there they danced together. He was tied to a tree and could hardly hold her hand back but he danced with her in his heart. They danced 2 songs together but he was fading fast. As he passed from this life on to the next she kissed him. The last thing he ever tasted was her lips mixed with the salt from her tears pouring down her cheek spilling onto his face. At the end of the dream it was almost like i was reading those words. And then they kinda blurred from my head and all i could do was read the words that said "she never loved another man. She never held another hand. She never danced another dance. It was the last dance for them both"... I awoke crying with tears streaming down my face. I felt a burnden to tell someone once I awoke. I don't know what this means. I will tell you some things about me that may help sort this out. I am 17 years old. Female. I am in love with a professor at a college. I know he does not love me though. I live in Michigan and he lives in Florida. I see him every summer in Boston. He is like a family friend. He is 20 years older than me. I fell in love with him while I had a boy friend. He was a very selfish boy that didn't treat me right. I broke up with him very soon after. Part of me thinks that this has something to do with them. But I don't know what it could mean? I need help. It's killing me inside. Also... I know that this man that I love will never love me, so I will always wonder how things could have been because he will also never hurt me to make me stop loving him. I am only 17 and am pretty sure that I will never get married and because of that previous relationship ruined it all for me and am pretty posative that I will never trust a man again after that.