meaning of dreams about protect my children

I went to perform in a play and at the end of the play, I realized that I left my two children at home (I forgot them) which really distressed me because I would never do such a thing in real life. I am 34 and my daughters are 18 months and 5. So in my dream, I ran home to get them and saw in a reflection in a mirror into a van out in the street, a mexican man in a red van with the door open and my 5 year old sitting in the front seat with a sad look on her face, she was in her underwear and the first thing I thought was he molested or raped her, so I went running for her and did not see my baby anywhere. When I got to my 5 year old she told me that the baby ran off down the street. All I could think was that the state would take my children away from me now, what kind of mother leaves her children. Woke up before finding my baby, unable to breath and hyperventilating, and after I fell back asleep, then I had a dream that a man raped me.

This was so random nothing related is happening in my life and I do not understand why every now and then I will have dreams like this, out of the blue, I do not feel like I am a bad mom or that I am unable to protect my children, but this dream would make it seem like this is what I am worried about, but it is not. It was a very scary dream.