meaning of dream driving

Im driving my regular route home but it is to my mums in real life. I am on the motorway and it is raining heavily so when I brake the car begins to skid and I close my eyes thinking this is the end however i manage to get out of the skid and slow down continuing my drive home. I am at home with my children and my "partner" is due home but i dont want him to come in because he isint a nice man and i have had enough. I ask a neighbour to lock the door and leave the key in the lock so i can try to open it from outside with a key and i cant. I am satisfied he now cant get in the back door and i do the same to the front. All of a sudden, without warning, he is coming up the path and i panic, i get the kids inside and tell them not to go near doors or windows. I am terrified for my life and call the police. There is some sort of funding issue and they have this prerecorded message to the effect that they might take your call or not because of this. I finally get through and by this stage he the partner is hamering on the door, pushing it and it is starting to give. I am telling them he wil kill me if he gets in and i am scared for my children too and am scared to leave the door. I manage to get the bolts locked on it too and leave the front door and go inside where there is a 2nd door into the living room. Without warning the living room door starts to open and i know that he has somehow managed to get inside and i am panicking and screaming at the kids to stay away because i know this wont turn out well and i am beggin the police to attend. They dont seem overly concerned but by this stage I am holding the living room door closed with my weight and am losing ground fast. The alarm woke me at this point.