horses dream

I have had many, many dreams over the past 6 months about horse races. As a future racehorse jockey, I often find that my dreams focus on the riding aspect horse races. In one dream that occured not too long ago, I was leaning on the outside rail of a dirt racetrack, staring into the distance. I heard the thunder of the approaching horses (Quarter Horses), but for some unknown reason, I ignored them.Before I know it, the horses pass in front of me. But a reddish-brown mare falls and unseats her rider directly in front of me, not twenty feet from where I am standing. As people in the background of the dream gasp and call for help for the fallen jockey, I am frozen in shock of what I have just seen. In a fleeting moment, my point of view switches from my own to that of the fallen rider before I awaken in a cold sweat.
In my waking life, I have recently run into problems with my family, who are unsupportive of my aspirations. My parents want me to get degrees that, upon completion, would render me "too old" (by jockey standards) to get my jockey's license.